Trattoria Cammillo – Florence, Italy

Looking for a place for a nice dinner in Florence? Look no further!

But first make sure to enjoy the views of the sunset over Florence from the Piazzale Michelangelo. It is a must if you are ever visiting Florence! Enjoy the best view of Florence Cathedral, also known as Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, and look at the colours changing over the city while the mountains start to appear in the background.

Florence sunset viewFlorence sunset view
Had enough? Feeling hungry? Good!

Head down toward the city centre but stay on the south bank of the Arno river. Walk along the Arno on Borgo S. Jacopo street. After a 15-minutes walk you should reach Trattoria Cammillo!

Trattorio Cammillo outside Florence

The traditional trattoria is something out of a movie! The outside is vintage and very welcoming after a long day walking around the city.

The interior is very traditional and the waiters seem to have worked there their entire life. All of them are very elegant, extremely knowledgeable and their service is delivered with a bit of Italian wit, which oh so charming. You can tell they are very proud to work at Trattoria Cammillo!

Trattoria Cammillo Florence

Pick a glass of wine (or a bottle) from the extensive wine menu.

One tip, if like me you feel overwhelmed when choosing wine, when in Tuscany you can never really go wrong by ordering a Chianti or a Montepulciano!

Trattoria Cammillo

Now the food… Oh the food!!!

Once again, just like in an American romantic comedy where the hero goes to Italy to find themselves, the meaning of life and eat all the food. The plates are simple, the dishes are traditional, and everything is delicious.

We weren’t feeling very adventurous that night and went for classics, and Trattoria Cammillo didn’t disappoint. A caprese salad to start (tomato and mozzarella).

Trattoria Cammillo caprese salad

Followed by the most delicious mushroom pasta, COVERED with fresh truffle and parmesan!

Trattoria Cammillo mushroom truffle pasta

We ended the dinner happy and full, very, very full, as the before and after pictures below demonstrate!

Trattoria CammilloTrattoria Cammillo

We didn’t book a table and were very lucky as Trattoria Cammillo can get really busy! I would definitely recommend making a reservation if you can.

Follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest and Trover!

Advertisements

23 thoughts on “Trattoria Cammillo – Florence, Italy

1. Anushka Aggarwal September 7, 2017 / 8:03 am

Florence looks amazing, It’s so high on my list and I really love Italian food so having it in Italy would be a delicious experience 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. forever roaming the world September 6, 2017 / 9:04 pm

that view is breathtaking, I have friends in Italy right now, I’ll be sure to pass this post onto them I’m sure they will love to visit here when they are in Florence. Thanks, great timing 😀

Liked by 1 person

3. Bee September 6, 2017 / 3:00 pm

thanks for sharing this amazing gem of a restaurant. it’s even better with it’s views and traditional setting. food options looks good too,

4. Lana Giles September 6, 2017 / 2:32 pm

I hope to visit Florence one day – definitely on my list. The food looks absolutely amazing and good portion size too! Love a good caprese salad!

5. moimehr September 6, 2017 / 1:52 pm

Trattoria Cammillo, i hope i remember this name when i am in Florence. Caprese Salad is my all time favourite. Food here looks simple but exquisite. I loved your photographs the most, would love to follow you on Instagram. My IG handle is moimehr.

• Claire September 6, 2017 / 5:18 pm

Sure! Mine is @clairewanderlust for my travel pictures and @claireimaginarium_ for my everyday London life 🙂

6. Barry September 6, 2017 / 1:32 pm

I haven’t visited Florence yet but it looks like the sort of place I would enjoy. The food looks absolutely yummy!

Liked by 1 person

7. annakapys September 6, 2017 / 12:50 pm

I have to visit Florence one day – the view from the hill looks great, I imagine that the city is amazing. Glad you had a lovely time – and the food yum… it’s the best in the world, isn’t it?

• Claire September 6, 2017 / 5:17 pm

Well I’m French so it’s a difficult question for me to answer 😉 but yes it is delicious!!!

8. Helene Choo September 6, 2017 / 9:59 am

I would love to visit Florence sometime! Only ever been to Rome in Italy, and I have yet to discover the other amazing places:) The food looks amazing, you can never go wrong with mushroom and truffle pasta! I’ve had a bit of an obsession with truffle-flavoured things lately, it’s becoming an expensive obsession…I’ll keep this in mind for if I ever visit! Thanks for sharing:)

9. Ritika Singh September 5, 2017 / 9:01 pm

great post..will definitely try this restaurant on my next visit 🙂

10. Boarding Call September 5, 2017 / 8:22 pm

beautiful pictures from the hill and great restaurant recommendation. Never been to Florence, but I’m adding it to my list 🙂

11. April Rodrigues September 5, 2017 / 6:56 pm

What is better than a room with a view? FOOD with a view! Looks like a really lovely place, and I will have to add it to my list!

Liked by 1 person

• Claire September 5, 2017 / 7:09 pm

So good you won’t be disappointed!

12. Tips2LiveBy September 5, 2017 / 4:28 pm

That looks like a great place for dinner! The salad looks amazing, and the wine too!

13. Ajay Arora September 5, 2017 / 3:32 pm

The view looks so good when changing colours. Caprese salad looks yumm !

• Claire September 5, 2017 / 7:11 pm

If you go to Florence make sure you go at the top of the hill! It’s magical!

Liked by 1 person