Every year I like to contemplate on what stage of life I am at and how much I have achieved so far. This is, for most people, an activity occurring around Christmas time with the promise of a new year ahead of them. So why am I writing about this now? Well 1) I talked about all the countries I have been to around the same time last year, 2) I have since documented so many more destinations that it was about time for me to do a reference post where you can find everything, 3) it was a pretty popular post last year so I may as well refresh it with a 2018 version and 4) I am a sucker for traditions and I like that this post is becoming a yearly one!
Also, it is super sunny in London today and I really want to make the most of the weather rather than write 800 words if that’s ok? (at least I am honest right?!)
Is that enough reasons (excuses?) to be mildly repetitive? I think so! So without further do let me chat about all the countries I have been to so far – 24 to be precise, ain’t too bad!
- France (born and raised!)
- The UK – Aside from living in London, we always take the opportunity of a long weekend to explore the country and so far I have been to Cornwall, Norfolk, the Lake District, the Jurassic Coast, the Cotswolds, Shakespeare Country and Scotland)
- Italy – I went to Rome a few times (part 1 & part 2), Puglia, Tuscany, Puglia and the Amalfi Coast
- Greece – We went island hopping in the Cyclades for our honeymoon and visited Mykonos, Santorini and Paros
- Portugal – We spent a week exploring Lisbon, Sintra and the Estremadura region
- Turkey – Istanbul is one of the most beautiful places I have been to, and here is a little guide to Turkish food.
- The Vatican
- UAE – We explored Dubai and Abu Dhabi and went for a desert safari (part 1 & part 2)
- Jordan – I had the chance to visit the wonderful Petra and Wadi Rum, still one of my favourite trips to date (part 1 & part 2).
- Thailand – A little piece of sunny paradise on Earth which we visited back 2014 from Bangkok to Chiang Mai with a stop in Phuket, and a week Island hopping.
- Japan – a trip of a lifetime! We visited Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima. I bought way too many Japanese products there and we ate all the food!
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- Barbados – My first time in the Caribbean and it was amazing!
- The USA – I visited the US multiple times but I also lived there for 18 months 10 years ago! Here is my favourite NYC rooftop and a guide to one of my favourite US cities Boston.
Now the main question is: where should I go to next? I have a few ideas but I am open to suggestions!