Every year I like to contemplate on what stage of life I am at and how much I have achieved so far. This is, for most people, an activity occurring around Christmas time with the promise of a new year ahead of them. So why am I writing about this now? Well 1) I talked about all the countries I have been to around the same time last year, 2) I have since documented so many more destinations that it was about time for me to do a reference post where you can find everything, 3) it was a pretty popular post last year so I may as well refresh it with a 2018 version and 4) I am a sucker for traditions and I like that this post is becoming a yearly one!
Also, it is super sunny in London today and I really want to make the most of the weather rather than write 800 words if that’s ok? (at least I am honest right?!)
Is that enough reasons (excuses?) to be mildly repetitive? I think so! So without further do let me chat about all the countries I have been to so far – 24 to be precise, ain’t too bad!
- France (born and raised!)
- The UK – Aside from living in London, we always take the opportunity of a long weekend to explore the country and so far I have been to Cornwall, Norfolk, the Lake District, the Jurassic Coast, the Cotswolds, Shakespeare Country and Scotland)
- Italy – I went to Rome a few times (part 1 & part 2), Puglia, Tuscany, Puglia and the Amalfi Coast
- Greece – We went island hopping in the Cyclades for our honeymoon and visited Mykonos, Santorini and Paros
- Portugal – We spent a week exploring Lisbon, Sintra and the Estremadura region
- Turkey – Istanbul is one of the most beautiful places I have been to, and here is a little guide to Turkish food.
- The Vatican
- UAE – We explored Dubai and Abu Dhabi and went for a desert safari (part 1 & part 2)
- Jordan – I had the chance to visit the wonderful Petra and Wadi Rum, still one of my favourite trips to date (part 1 & part 2).
- Thailand – A little piece of sunny paradise on Earth which we visited back 2014 from Bangkok to Chiang Mai with a stop in Phuket, and a week Island hopping.
- Japan – a trip of a lifetime! We visited Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima. I bought way too many Japanese products there and we ate all the food!
- The Seychelles
- South Africa
- Barbados – My first time in the Caribbean and it was amazing!
- The USA – I visited the US multiple times but I also lived there for 18 months 10 years ago! Here is my favourite NYC rooftop and a guide to one of my favourite US cities Boston.
Now the main question is: where should I go to next? I have a few ideas but I am open to suggestions!
Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube and Trover!
2 thoughts on “Where I have been so far – 2018”
I personally can’t resist Italy, always something new to see but on my list to visit and somewhere you haven’t been is Norway. All those fjords and amazing landscapes!
Oooooh Norway! Great idea!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person